Who We Are
Brett Solomon has been practicing law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania since his graduation from University of Pittsburgh’s law school in 1999. For the first 19 years of his legal career, Brett represented financial institutions in Bankruptcy Courts throughout the United States and State Courts in Pennsylvania and Maryland. He also represented real estate investors throughout Pennsylvania with the acquisition, sale, financing, and leasing of commercial and residential properties. He is an avid golfer and Pittsburgh Steelers fan.
As a real estate investor and licensed title agent in Pennsylvania, Brett has the experience to navigate the acquisition, sale, financing, and leasing of commercial, multi-unit investment, and residential properties.
As a licensed title agent, Brett is skilled at examination of real estate title, evaluation of title exceptions, and issuance of title insurance policies. The Solomon Legal Group is able to coordinate the entire settlement process through its title insurance agency, Lawyers Settlement and Abstract (www.lawyers-settlement.com), which is licensed through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Insurance Department.
State Court Litigation
Brett has represented national and local financial institutions, servicers, and other mortgage lenders/investors in thousands of residential and commercial mortgage foreclosures in Pennsylvania and Maryland. He has practiced in every county in Pennsylvania and Maryland including appearances in front of numerous Judges throughout both states. Brett has also represented his clients in state court matters including entering and enforcing judgments, prosecution and defense of quiet title actions, landlord/tenant matters, and defense of Federal Truth in Lending Act (TILA)/Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) suits.
Brett has extensive experience in Bankruptcy Court representing national and local financial institutions, servicers, non-traditional mortgage lenders, and vehicle lenders throughout the United States in matters involving secured and unsecured loans. Brett also has extensive experience representing landlords, tenants, and entities seeking to purchase assets from Bankruptcy Court sales.
Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chair, Real Property and Probate Section (May 2017-May 2018)
- Treasurer, Secretary, and Vice-Chair (May 2012-May 2017)
Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member (October 1999-Present)
- Chairman, ACBA Bench Bar Conference (2008)
- Council Member, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section
Allegheny County Bar Foundation
- Fellow (2014-Present)
- Co-Chair, ACBF Annual Golf Tournament (2016-Present)
Maryland State Bar Association
Member (January 2008-Present)
Law Firm Alliance
- Secretary of Board of Directors (October 2013-October 2017)
- Sheriff’s Sales in Pennsylvania, Moderator/Course Planner, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Spring 2012, 2014, 2016 & 2018)
- Sheriff’s Sales & Tax Sales, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Real Property, Probate & Trust Section Annual Meeting (August 2017)
- Foreclosure and Bankruptcy Strategies, Note Investor Summit Live 2017, Newport Beach, CA (March 2017)
- Foreclosure and Bankruptcy Strategies for Investors, Distressed Mortgage Expo, Newark, NJ (January 2017)
- Medical Marijuana and its Effect on Real Estate in Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Real Property, Probate & Trust Section Annual Meeting (August 2016)
- Proving Valuations, Panelist, National Association of Chapter 13 Trustee’s Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA (July 2016)
- The National Chapter 13 Plan and Forms, Allegheny County Bar Association (December 2013)
- Short Sales, Deeds in Lieu & Receiverships, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Spring 2012)
- Safely Representing Clients at Sheriff Sale, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Real Property, Probate & Trust Section Annual Meeting, Lancaster, Pennsylvania (May 2012)
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF LAW, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Juris Doctorate (1999)
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, College Park, Maryland; Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (Marketing) (1995); Minor in Economics (1995)
- U.S. District Court for the Western, Middle, & Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western, Middle, & Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania
- Maryland State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Copyright 2019 Solomon Legal Group.